Field Service Installer
CGI-Communication, Inc. provides high-speed Internet services to business and residential customers in Casa Grande, AZ and its surrounding areas. We are among the fastest ISP's available in the area. The company is growing rapidly and we are looking to bring in additional help. There is a lot of potential for growth for the right candidate.
An installation technician specializes in installing, disconnecting, troubleshooting, and maintaining equipment to provide residential and business customers with Internet, VoIP, Alarm, and other data services.
You are responsible for the fulfilment of those installations, service calls, site inspections, and equipment maintenance. Work Orders will be placed through an on-line scheduling system, ticketing system, or via telephone. This will include a rotating on-call shift. You must have a better than basic understanding of wireless signals, computer networks, and cabling standards. First and foremost, this is a customer-service role; you must be able to provide great customer service to all of our valued customers.
Before you apply, please understand that this is a field based position -- you will be travelling and working on-site at various client locations throughout the week and will not be working from an office 90% of the time. A company work truck and tools are provided for use on the job.
All new employees are placed on a 90-day probationary period. At the end of the probationary period you are eligible for benefits and vacation/sick days. This is a full-time position (5 days per week or as needed).
As new technologies are developed, a Technician must constantly update their skill sets to stay current. This person must model our company values, provide outstanding customer service, and work with team to exceed customer expectations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Must have a valid driver license with no felony convictions or DUI's
- Must be able to pass a drug screening test and a criminal background check
- Must be able to climb ladders and roof tops of all types and perform job duties from high places
- Ability to pass a field examination of safety, tool, and ladder handling
- Technical aptitude and computer skills working with Windows & Macintosh operating systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, bilingual is a plus
- Must be able to work independently as well as with a team
- Must have the ability to operate hand tools including but not limited to step and extension ladders, power tools, hammers, etc.
- Must be able to carry up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to install, test, and terminate all low voltage cabling
- Perform all aspects of installations for residential, and business customers for all company products
- Install brackets, hardware, antennas, cables, and other mounting equipment on approved rooftops and other structures
- Perform site inspections at given locations using a signal test device to determine serviceability of a customer and proper antenna placement
- Troubleshoot connection or configuration problems on-site
- Install and Terminate all types of low voltage cabling
- Operate a company vehicle and handle company tools and ladders in a safe and professional manner
- Submit required work orders, record-keeping, auditing and quality control paperwork
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with customers contacted in the course of performing assigned duties
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions
- Plan, prioritize and organize duties and responsibilities
- Respond to on-call requests in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- This position works face to face with customers
- Work outdoors in all kinds of weather and at all times of the day or night
- Work performed at various heights above ground on roofs/towers/telephone/power poles
- Work and travel in inclement weather
Wages and Benefits
Please Email Resumes to email@example.com