CGI WebMail is an ASP web front end for your E-Mail.
Using CGI WebMail
This will open the login screen.
2. Fill out the required information.
- Email Address: <Your E-Mail address>
- Password: <the password for your E-Mail account>
- Language: <the desired language>
- Remember Password: <Automatically signs you into your E-Mail account. Some browser functions or add-ons may prohibit this operation from working correctly.>
3. Click Login
Check Mail / Inbox
By selecting either Check Mail or Inbox from the folder list on the left hand side of the page you can quickly access the contents of your Inbox.
While inside the Inbox you can delete, and generally manage your messages.
- Delete/Undelete: Delete or Undelete the checked messages.
- Purge Deleted: Once you have marked a message for deletion, press "Purge Deleted" to remove the messages permanently from the server.
- Read/Unread : Mark a checked message as having been read, or likewise mark a checked read message as unread.
- Move to Folder: Move the checked message to the specified folder. Opens drop down folder list.
- Compose: Write someone an E-Mail.
Compose an E-Mail
- Send: Executes the sending of the E-Mail.
- Save to Drafts: Does not send the E-Mail, but moves it to the "Drafts" folder.
- Attachments : Add an attachment to your E-Mail like a document, picture, or .zip folder. Limit of 10MB for free accounts, 25MB for paid accounts.
- Close: Do not save the message and exit to the Inbox.
- To: This is the destination Email address or the person you want to message.
- CC: Sends a carbon copy to the destination Email address in here.
- BCC : Sends a blind carbon copy to the destination address. Addresses contained here are not listed in the Email. It is best to forward to multiple addresses using a BCC for security and confidentiality reasons.
- Subject: The subject of your message.
- Attachment List: A list of the files attached to the message.
- Message Body: The formatted contents of your E-Mail message.
- Priority: Assigns a message priority to the message. Self Explanatory.
- Switch to Rich Text: Switches the document to Rich Text mode for advanced text editing.
- Spellcheck: Checks your message for spelling errors.
Reply to an E-Mail
While in the Inbox or other mail folder, click anywhere on the message to view it.
- Print: Print the message.
- Trusted: Add the sender to the Trusted Senders List. Messages from them will always be allowed through Quarantine or SPAM filtering.
- Blocked : Add the sender to the Blocked Senders List. Messages from these will always be blocked into the Quarantine or SPAM folder.
- Delete: Mark the message for deletion.
- Reply: Respond to the "reply-to" address contained in the message header. Basically it means to respond to the person whom E-Mailed you. See Compose an E-Mail
- Reply to All: If the message was sent to more than one destination address (more than one address in the "To" and "CC" fields) you can reply to all the addresses at the same time.
- Forward : Send a copy of the message to another recipient.
- Previous: Read the previous message.
- Next: Read the next message.
- Close: Exit to the top level folder, e.g. Inbox.
Statistics are currently disabled and only get enabled when our network administrators are pulling information either for a client, or for our own use. They load down the servers and simply aren't necessary for most customers.
Clicking on "Settings" at the top of the title bar will allow you to modify several advanced features.
- Options: Change your account information such as name, password, signature, reply format, mail forwarding preferences and messages per page.
- Save: Add the sender to the Trusted Senders List. Messages from them will always be allowed through Quarantine or SPAM filtering.
- Close : Add the sender to the Blocked Senders List. Messages from these will always be blocked into the Quarantine or SPAM folder.
- Mail Forwarding: Forward messages sent to your account to another Email address.
- Account Information: Your name and password can be changed here.
- Preferences: Adjust time, number of messages per page, and signature information.
- Email Filtering: Change your preferences for Spam, Phishing, Virus, Forbidden Attachments, Language Filter, Blocked Senders, Trusted Senders, and Quarantine Reports.
- Spam: Raise or lower your spam filter settings, extreme is the most restrictive.
- Virus: Choose to delete the message or send to quarantine when a virus is detected.
- Phishing : Raise or lower your phishing filter settings, extreme is the most restrictive.
- Forbidden Attachments: This field is not configurable by default. We are able to modify these for businesses on request.
- Language Filter: Block specific languages from sending you messages.
- Blocked Senders: Deny a specific Email address or domain from sending you messages.
- Trusted Senders: Allow a specific Email address or domain to send you messages.
- Quarantine Reports: Send an Email to your inbox containing a list of the messages in your Quarantine folder. Useful to checking messages via a POP3 mail client, without having to login to the webmail to check your quarantine for false positives.
- User Contact Information: Edit your personal home and business profile information.
- Rules: Create rules to automatically sort your incoming mail.
- Auto-reply: Create an auto-reply message for incoming mail.
- External Accounts: Check mail from other accounts.
- Aliases: Create aliases for your account.
Clicking on Folders at the top menu will allow you to create new, edit existing, and delete folders.
- Create a new folder: Click create to execute the creation of the new folder.
- New Folder: Enter a name for the folder
- Place folder under: If left blank, folder is listed under base directory. If another folder is selected the new folder is listed inside that folder.
- Rename an existing folder: Click Rename to execute the renaming of the drop-down selected folder.
- Rename Folder: Rename the drop-down selected folder.
- To: Enter a new name for the folder.
- Delete: Removes the selected folder from the system.
Clicking on Contacts at the top menu will allow you to create new, edit existing, and import/export contacts associated with your E-Mail account.
- Add Contact: Add a new contact or address book entry.
- Save And Close: Save the current contact and close the address book.
- Save and New: Save the current contact and open a new contact for editing.
- Delete: Removes the current contact being edited from the system.
- Cancel: Cancels editing of the current contact without making changes.
- Street Address:
- Zip/Postal code:
- Phone (home):
- Phone (work):
- Cell phone:
- Delete Contact: Removes the selected contacts from the system.
- Import Contacts: Upload a file (.CSV format) containing your contacts. Importing the CSV file will not cause the loss of existing contacts but they will be updated if duplicates are found in the file
- Export Contacts: Exports AddressBook.csv for use in 3rd Party system or for backup.
The Quarantine folder is the same thing as a SPAM folder. 99.99% of the time messages in this list are bad and should not be read. Do NOT click on any hyperlinks contained inside a message in this category. It might be possible for an attacker to potentially gather personal information, passwords, account numbers, etc.
Messages have a 48 hour lifespan in the Quarantine. If they are left unattended, we will automatically removed them from the system.
- Delete & Purge: Removes the selected SPAM messages from our system.
- Empty: Removes all the messages in the Quarantine Folder from the system.
- Select Action:
- Release: Release the message to the Inbox.
- Release and Report as Legitimate E-Mail: Release the message to the Inbox and add the sender to your trusted list.
- Internet Explorer 10 (IE10), message control buttons do not respond when clicked: Enable compatibility mode (torn/ripped paper icon in the address bar of IE10). Our next WebMail release will contain a fix for this issue.
This category currently contains no pages or media.